viernes, 21 de septiembre de 2012

CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP


Hello everyone I´m sorry for the delay in this race report but the weeks after the Age Group Canadian Championship have been pretty tough.
Like most of you know this was my first Olympic distance race (non-drafting). I learn a lot about me in the process so here it is part by part:

Swimming
Since the beginning I wanted to go all out so I quickly went in front keeping my rhythm high and going kind of just by myself most of the first lap. I ran into some competitors from other categories and my whole thinking was : ‘’keep the rhythm.’’ When I exited for the second lap I noticed that someone else was in front of me so I went all out to catch him. By the end I narrowed the gap and in the transition area I ran and passed him.

Bike leg
When I got onto my bike my thoughts were: relax, keep cadence and be as aerodynamic as possible. I wanted to average at least 40km/hr in the whole course. It was easy to check because it was a 4 lap course meaning that every lap sizes 10km. Every time during the whole course I was repeating the same thoughts as in the beginning. It was a tough course to ride alone becausethere was a lot of wind going downhill and there were hills but I gave my best to maintain the speed. That was my goal.

Run leg
The course was flat with a part on dirt downhill/uphill terrain. As I got off my bike and started to run I felt all the work I did in the bike. I stayed relax and said to myself “ok you´re tired but give your best, go as fast as you can. Leave nothing”. And that’s how I went for the rest of the race keeping an eye on my pace which was slower than I thought it would be.

I focusedby staying relax and keeping my knee as high as possible. I kind of felt like Brownlee running passing people (of course I wasn´t going as fast as him but I felt that way).I think the run was the toughest part because I was all drained out but I just kept saying “reach the next one in front of you. Go!!”

When I finished I was barely able to stand by myself but I was happy.  I´ve just finished my first Olympic (1st  place)  and I did it pretty well. Of course I still have a lot of work to do and details to fix but I knew I did my best and I was proud of it.
I gained a lot of knowledge from this race and now I know where I´m at in this kind of race.

Since then I have been working a lot to improve specially my run. I´m getting better but still I need to improve more. It´s a long way that I have to cover but I know I´m in the right path to do it.


Thank you to my coaches Corinne and Sergio, my teammates Eduardo and Armando and the whole Team Oaxaca.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario